Cut on inside of proximal interphalangeal joint, bleed, finger swollen, knuckle painful. What med should i take?

Hi, I cut myself while repairing food on inside of the proximal interphalangeal joint . (I looked up an anatomy picture so I get it right). I did see some yellow tissue but it was a clean cut as my knife was very sharp. I allowed it to bleed a little and washed it then used some sterile strips to closed the wound. Now, 6 hours later my entire finger is swollen and my knuckle i(the mcp) s painful and swollen on the top and bottom of the joint. There are no red steaks . My tetanus shot is up to date. I just want to make sure that I don t need to go to the ER. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013