Cut on head with metal, bleeding. Applied antibiotics. Do I need medical attention?

Hi I am here because I have a question about a minor cut on my head. I was trying to cross a bridge and on way up there were metal railroad tracks that I did not see. I looked up and hit my head on the corner of the metal railroad tracks pretty hard. It hurt for a while. Minutes later I touched my head and noticed blood . There is a wound if about 2 thirds of a centimeter, it s small. It bled for 15 minutes and then stopped. I feel no pain and I have cleaned it and put antibiotics on it. The antibiotic said that it would held prevent infection. I am just wondering if that s enough or if I should go to the hospital. Thank you very much!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Hello and thanks for the query
You are doing the right thing by cleaning the wound with antiseptic and dressing it. But I am little confused whether you are taking antibiotic orally or not. If not than you should take a course antibiotic to prevent infection. Other precautions you have to take are: clean your wound daily with antiseptic, don't touch any unhygienic material on wound and always keep your wound covered so that it may get protected from dust etc.
Best Wishes