Cut leg while snowboarding. Had stitches. Stitches hurting, swelling, numbness around it. Matter of concern?

I cut my leg open snowboarding 6 days ago went to the hospital and got 4 stitches. They said it was close to the bone but they did X-rays and said I didn t hit the bone. They told me to look for swelling , pus , etc. I went to the doctors 3 days ago and she said it was fine and to come back next week to get the stitches out. Today it s been slightly hurting on and off all day and now it s swollen and a little numb around it.. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013