Cut knuckle with broken glass, swollen finger. Applied antibiotic cream. Can I do something at home?

Yes, I was taking out the trash and a broken glass poked through the bag and cut my knuckle.. I washed it out andplaced pressure to it to stop the bleeding ..It did stop, but my finger started to swell below the knuckle. I went to the urgent care, the doctor first thought 1stich ...closer look I needed 2. Antibontic cream and bandage . Its been 24hr and still painful swollen swollen and red... Do I need to go back or is there something other than ice pack that I can do at home?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Obviously you have received proper attention and care.
It may be a question of time - if it does not improve by another day, see the doctor again / if the swelling or pain gets worse, see him today.
Icepack is good enough. Rest to the part is a must. Over The Counter (OTC) medication - Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) may be useful.
Good luck