Cut in bicep area, red bumps, itching, stitches in same area. Treatment?

I had stitches 8 days ago, it was a pretty nasty cut in my bicep. I have a red, bumpy, and very itchy area directly around the wound. There are both inside & outside stitches. The cut was so bad that the surgery department was called in to stitch it. I have an apointment to have the stitches removed in less than 2 days. email: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012

Please make sure that you are on the right antibiotics and apply topical antibiotics like Soframycin as well. I assume that the wound is being dressed daily with due sterile care. You should also be watchful about the nosocomial infections.

As long as the stitch is in place and there is no pus as such, the wound is probably healing well.

Discuss about this with your surgeon again.

I wish you quick recovery.