Cut flap of skin of index finger, bleeding for more than 24 hrs. Any suggestions ?

I sliced off a 1.25cmx2cm flap of skin (still attached) from my index finger large knuckle on Saturday afternoon. I was moving all weekend and while the bleeding stopped after 20 minutes, yesterday, though bandaged and taped to prevent movement, it opened enough to soak trhough the bandaid and tape. I ve heard that 24 hrs is teh cut-off for stitches. Any suggestions? Also, I had foot surgery earlier in the year that got infected, so I have used the same outmoint on my finger, Fucidin, as a means of preventing infection. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012