Cut dried with yellow pus. Why is it swollen? Is it harmful?

hi im 14 years old and i have a cut that has dried yellow puss. i found out that there was dried puss on my finger this morning and the puss has gotten to a bigger amount of puss. my cut is also swollen and it also feels like my finger has a fever . i got the cut about a week ago i would say.. and sometimes i feel it thumping where the cut is.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012

Thanks for writing here.

It seems you are having finger abscesses.It is painful and needs surgical treatment.It will be better to consult the doctor.You can take antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs for relief.

Hope this will help you.Take care.