Curved penis. Pain while straightening. Worried

Hi, my husband has noticed that his penis has a slight downward curve to it when erect all of a sudden. It's not as bent as a banana but it kind of reminds me of one. He says it only hurts when he tries to straighten it but other thanthat it doesn't hurt during sex or any other time. It's only been this way for the past couple of months I would say. Should we be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
The condition you described is the condition known as chordee. Usually if it is mild and no problem the requires no treatment. If it is severe and cause problem during sex or causing pain on erecting then needs surgically correction.