Current power -3.25 on right and -2.25 on left eye. Remove cylindrical power?

Sir i am a 25 yrs old boy and have been wearing specs from the last 10-12 years. Lately i have been facing problem with my cylinderical number and its axis, different doctors prescribe different axis and now i am confused what to do. Is it always necessary to wear cylinderical specs? My current power is -3.25/-.5*179 in the right and -2.25/-.5*2 in the left. Can i remove cylinderical power and wear only -3.25 and -2.25?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hi.. cylindrical power is very much important as if u dont use it...u wl face problems. as your cylinder has been comin different at different places... kindly ask your ophthalmologist to do refraction under cdilatation & ycloplegia. it will give u proper power.
u can consider LASIK too... only after going through complete evaluation.
take care