Cured trimalleolar fracture, have pain on back of tendon on moving ankle. Is this normal or should I try to walk after sometime?

hi, Doc I am patient of Trimalleolar fracture one month back in a road accident, I have undergone ORIF on 25/8/2012. Now just at 5 weeks a fresh X-ray is done & my doc said bones are united & he suggested me to walk with full load. But I am facing pain on the back side tendon when ankle is moving upwards. He is saying no problem the pain will be subsided slowly. Now my quary is that is it ok & shall I try to walk on 5 wks or it should be after 6 weeks? I will be thankedful if u let me know ur answer please. Santanu.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012