Crust buildup in eyes, draining discharge, burning sensation. Causes for symptoms?

I get build up in the corner of my eyes that I am constantly rubbing away. They are not red or necessarily irritated, just..well..goopy/crusty in the corners and around the eyelashes. When I lay down they seem to get worse on the side facing down, pretty much draining a small amount. I have also noted that the eye on the up side burns like I ve gotten something in it and it tends to go away after several-uncomfortable- minutes. Ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It appears that you are suffering from dry eye syndrome. You should use some good quality lubricating drops 3-4 times a day. This should help you.

God bless

Dr AK Garg