Crunching feeling in the throat, throat congestion. Displaced cartilage or tumor?

I have just read the trail about crunching feeling in the throat on swallowing saliva and the feeling of a small lump in the throat. I have been experiencing this since December 2012 with no weight loss, no taste of blood or blood in the mouth, no difficulty when drinking or eating. It is worse when I am stressed or particularly dry (thirsty). Should I be concerned that this may be a tumour or as the trail suggest is it more likely to be displaced cartilage? I have seen my GP who isn't concerned as I an 50 but in very god health if a bit overweight.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013