Crown on lower molar. Minor toothache, sensitive while biting. Reason for pain? Root canal required?

I have a crown on one of my lower molars in the back of my mouth. The crown covers a tooth that was ground down due to the fact that no more fillings could be used on the surface of my tooth...(No root canal done here then). 10 years later....I have been having some minor toothache whenever I bite down on my crown with my upper teeth . Sensititve and slightly hurts...Its not a massive toothache at all but a slight tooth pain whenever I bite down on the CORNER of my crown....Not sure why I have a slight tooth shooting pain when I do that. Does that mean bacteria got underneath the crown and if so, does that mean I will have to have root canal??? I ve made an appt to see the dentist next Wed.... Thanks!!!!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013