Crown on fake teeth came out, crown seems to have plastic looking inserts in gum with two holes. What are these?

Hello And Happy Holidays. My question is--The other day my (I call it a fake tooth ) crown and post came out-The crown still has 2 small treaded posts that were glued into it.. Ok my question is The area on the gum where this fell out from is Clean with no pain--I do see a plastic looking insert in my gum with two holes where the posts were--can you explain this to me..Thank you!!
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Dentist 's  Response
hi there
thanx for query
To my belief i feel crowns were given to your tooth which were firstly treated endodontically meaning to subside infection/pain/or further infection on a broken tooth or infected tooth , ROOT CANAL TREATMENT is done.
And to give the added support , strength and structure to the question tooth , POST and CROWNS are given .once your crown gets removed along with posts you would see two / three holes(depending on tooth)or canals filled with GUTTA PERCHA POINTS (chewing gum like fillings) after the root canal treatment.
hope you could relate to your query now.
plz get your crowns fixed again.
thanx
regards

Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
hello
as per your description i presume that you must have got your root canal done and after that a post and core procedure done to strengthen your tooth structure and finally a crown placed
now along with your crown the post has come out which was glued with dental adhesive
now what you see is a rubber like material slightly pink in colour which is gutta pecha which is used to fill the canals of the root canal treated tooth
and since your tooth was treated properly so area on the gum is clean and no pain
now what i would suggest is that you immediately pay a visit to your dentist and get your post and crown replaced
best wishes

4 users find this helpful

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

As you described,the crown has came out causing Exposure of root canal treated tooth.

The plastic looking inserts may be gutta-percha points which has inserted during the RCT procedure.

Please do visit your dentist and get the crown replaced.

Meanwhile,maintain oral care.

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that root canal treatmemt was done on your tooth, for additional support the post was placed on which crown was placed.

As your crown is disloged you are able to see the post placed and the three holes which you see are the gutta percha points placed in the canal.
I would suggest you to visit to the concerned Dentist and get the crown fixed.

Hope this answers your the query,

Regards.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.