Crawling sensation with pin prick red dots and black specks on skin

crawling sensation with pin prick red dots and black specks on skin So the past few months I have experienced some unsettling symptoms of bugs crawling on my skin, but ever time I look down nothing would be there. I came home from university for two weeks and all the symptoms seem to disappear then I came back and moved into my new apartment close to the university and the sensation is the worse it has ever been. I ve noticed as well that when I feel the crawling and sometimes biting I get these extremely minscule pin prick bites it looks , as well I ve noticed some black specks on my skin. I thought maybe it was scabbies at first even though I don t suffer from any rashes or super intense itching so I bought Kellawada-P lotion-BIG MISTAKE. I covered my body with it and within five minutes the crawling and biting became super intense. So I washed it off in the shower right away with tea tree mint shampoo which gave me temporary relief so I could fall asleep that night. I ve been sick quite a bit this year from sleep deprivation so I know my immune system is down , therefore I do believe a species of mite is causing these symptoms. I generally get the crawling/biting sensation along with a very minute amount of itching mostly on my arms, neck hairline on my forehead and behind ears, as well as my face, however have found black specks and pin prick red dots( aka bites im assuiming ) on my legs/back but generally they are not affected as bad. I go back home in three to four days and am seeing a dermatologist and possibly an infectious disease specialist, but in the meantime I was wondering if tea tree oil and benadryl could help my case in starting to get rid of them/ releave some of my symptoms.Please let me know! -Female, 21 years old, 5 9, 135 lbs.
Asked On : Fri, 27 May 2011
I have the exact same condition. I went to a dermatologist but he couldn't diagnose the condition without seeing the marks/bites. (I had to wait quite awhile to get an appointment). I still have this problem but it seems to come and go. I can't find an answer - please post the results of your visit to your dermatologist.
Female, 63 years old 155 lbs.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u may have psycho neurotic condition that give u this sensation
u need to consult dermatologist and psychiatrics
till apply calamine lotion over body
benadryl has little effect on it
do regular exercise and avoid much thinking of it
is any of ur contacts has similar condition?