Crawling sensation on body. Now why rashes and itching? Scabies?

Hi, for over over three weeks i have had a crawling sensation all over my body- legs, back, torso and face. At first no rash , redness or anything, just mild itching. About three days ago i started developing welts on my waistline, panytline, back, abdomen, sides of my body, and on face too. My doctor said it is possible allergic reaction to something and gave me steroid injection and started on oral prednisone . The welts come and go within hours. I now notice red bumbs here and there which also come and go. I still have the crawling sensation. I am concerned that if it could be scabies or any other contagious rash. I have children at home. No one else in the house has this. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012