Crawling sensation in ear canal, dull pain extending to other ear. Prognosis?

I ve recently been experiencing a recurring sensation of crawling in my left ear canal . It was preceded by a momentary dull sharp pain deeper in that ear canal that lasted for weeks. Sometimes the dull pain would extend to my right ear, but much duller. All most subtle. I still experience this pain intermittently coupled with the crawling sensation. What would your prognosis be? I am a female in her 20 s on no medication , no health condition. I exercise 3X or more a week, eat a lot of veges.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012