Cranky, has instant mood changes, negative thoughts, verbal and abusive. What is this ?

Hi My husband is always cranky. I would say about 90% of the time. He is very negative about everything & everybody. His moods can change in an instant, he can be really happy one minute than screaming & cranky at everybody.Then he can also change back quickly to quite happy.He had a very verbal & abusive father so I can see a lot of his father in him, only he doesnt physically hurt us he does verbally.He sleeps well,eats well but he just cant control his anger outbursts. Im just about to my wits end. Does this have any symptoms to anything like depression , bipolaretc. Ive been trying to research it on the internet Thanks AAAAA
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013