Cramps in stomach on swimming, situps causing difficulty in moving, eases on massaging, take plenty of water, calcium. Help?

I was just at the lake for a swim. I ended up getting such knots/ cramps in my stomach (high like just under the rib cage). If I do sit ups or some strain like getting out of a kayak it can occur and it is concerning because you really can t move until you try to message or press on it a while and breath. I do get really good leg cramps occasionally that will drive me out of the bed and hobble around. I was hydrated, plenty of calcium I am of average or lean weight, healthy, eat well, I do not take anything I am 59 years old. in all other regards work, active etc. etc.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012

It seems like you just over-strained yourself physically at the lake. Give yourself adequate rest. Do not work out or do stretching of your abdomen or chest for next few days. You may take muscles relaxants like Myospas.

You should be fine soon. I do not think there is something seriously wrong with you.

Get well soon.