Cramps in lower leg, slurred speech. On advair inhaler, zegerid medication. History of asthma, GERD. Treatment?

I am having a strange cluster of symptoms that are causing me some concern. I have noticed that I am slurring my speech and sometimes have a hard time getting specific words out when I talk - or even when I sing along with the radio. I didn t think this was related to anything but realize that for the past almost 2 years now, I have had a progressively worsening loss of function in my left foot , which I originally attributed to a twisted ankle. It did not get better with PT (the ankle), and now I am suffering from severe cramps in that foot and lower leg, especially at night. When I put that together with the speech issue, I came up with ALS and now I am worried it could be something really bad. I am 47 years old and have been in generally good health. I do have asthma symptoms and use an daily ( Advair ) inhaler which doesn t seem to really do much for my breathing. I am also taking OTC Zegerid for GERD and I have attributed my respiratory symptoms to being related to the GERD. Am I crazy to connect the foot/ankle issue with the other symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012