Cramps, headaches, no bleeding. Taken Meprate. Negative pregnancy test

hello, iam 43 yrs female.till date always got my regular last period came on 21st april and nothing hapned in may till gynae checked me for pregnancy that turned negative. she prescribed me meprate 10 mg twice for a week(havnt started).since yest im getting cramps and headaches as i usually do b4 my start of cycle but the bleeding has not started.iam tensed and worried.shuld i start my medicine to get my periods as within ten days i have to travel and dont want to enter in the period!
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Having no withdrawal bleeding after taking eprate can be due to a hormonal disturbance due to menopausal changes in the body. Hormonal therapy is needed for proper treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,