Cramps, delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. What may be wrong?

Hi my period was suppose to come on sunday but never came been having cramping going on since then i took a pregnancy test monday the day after it was suppose to come and it was negative if im not pregnant what could be other signs of what may be wrong or was it too early to tell oh by the way it was a $1 test if it may help
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012

Welcome to healthcare magic. I have read your question.

I would like to reply as below:

1) Delayed periods are common in women.

2) It may be due to stress or diet variation.

3) Please get serum beta hCG blood test done if pregnancy is suspected.

If you have any further queries, let me know so that I can help you much better.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Soumya