Cramps, clots, heavy period, want to stop taking bc. Estrace prescribed. Advise?

I started taing BC 2 months ago I and want to stop taing my BC pills today, cause like never before I had really bad cramps,clots and very heavy period. I was bleeding lightly for 3 weeks till yesterday.My question is for how many days I'm going to keep bleeding? I'm going to vacation next Friday to the beach and I want to go back to my normal way 5 days period. Do you think that I will stop bleeding for next Friday. The doctor prescribed me LoEstrace but I jus t got the new Nortrel today..If I start Notrel tonight Will my period stop by Friday?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013