Cramps before period, heavy bleeding, foul odor, feeling sleepy. Not on birth control. Cause?

Hi .. i am 27 years old.My period has been wierd lately..the last few months it has come early or late by about a week. Since I first got my period I rarely have cramps maybe once every 3 months or so but this month was bad. I had cramps for 3 days before I actully started. When I did start it was very dark red in color, very heavy and had an almost skunk smell. To accompany this I am so tired all I want to do is sleep. I am not on birth control , I am in a monogomis relationship but I am very overweight for my height. Any ideas as to what could be causing all of this
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

You are experiencing irregular periods, which is normal for overweight female patients. So, I suggest to

- do transvaginal echo
- vaginal swab testing and pap test
- measure the blood hormones levels.

At the end, I advise to consult OG if no improvement and to start losing weight which is the very first thing that will help improve your periods.

All the best!