Cramps, back pain, nausea, brown and sticky mucus discharge from vagina. On birth control

I went to my PCP today regarding abnormal bleeding between periods. I am on BC and today marks 3 days on placebo pills(I take Yaz). I went to bathroom about an hr ago bc I was cramping, back hurting, feeling a little nauseous. I wiped and saw a light brown sticky mucus coming from my vagina . I don t have a regular GYNso I was referred to one and they r gonna call me for apt.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Sexologist 's  Response
Is this your first cycle on BC? Three days on placebo, it is likely you are starting to get your menstrual period. Just take some Meftal spas tablets three times in a day, the discomfort should go away