Cramps and stomach pain after passing stool. Is it something serious?

my six year old son has been going to the toilet for a poo 10-15 times a day for the last two weeks, each time he goes he pooh s a little. He say he gets cramp/tummy ache and the urge to poo but then struggles when he gets there sometimes nothing at all comes out. He appears ok in himself and is eating ok - i have wormed him but am now starting to worry it could be more serious. He did have a vomiting episode on the 13/12/12 where he felt poorly most of the day then spent the early evening vomiting then by bedtime he was fine?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013