Cramps after having sex. Due to birth control or hormones?

Hello, I was wondering I have always had fairly irregular periods and I just got on the progesterone only pill about a month and half ago because I cant take any other birth control , since that after my bf and I have sex more then twice in a day or so I get my period and I get terrrible cramps I am wonding if this is due to brith control or hormones or what. It is really weird my periods are completely irregular and it usually only comes if we have sex more then twice
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
First your cramps are least likely to be due to birth control pills.
Second thing,the correlation between having sex twice & periods is purely hypothetical.
You may be suffering from either PCOS or reduced ovarian reserve, which you can confirm with your doctor & get treated.
Wish you good health.