Cramping, nausea and spotting. Taking loestrin. Pregnancy tests negative. Other reasons?

I am currently on Loestrin 24 FE and a week before my period was to start I started cramping and spotting, first light pink and then brown. I spotted and cramped for 5 days. Now that I am off of my active pills I have been nauseous and experiencing a tightening/ letdown sensation in both breasted but I have taken two at home pregnancy tests and both were negative. I am supposed to come on my periosld today and haven t. Could I be pregnant or am I just reacting negatively to my birth control .
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013