Cramping and light spotting after period. What is the cause?

2 days after my period and i m cramping with light spotting? what does it mean really? i have an irregular period, but the last couple of months i have had my period 9 days straight. this weekend though Saturday was the 9Th day, and i had sex until yesterday. so from july 14Th to july 16th i had sex, yes he came inside me.. we are trying to conceive. the thing is, the next morning including today i wake up feeling nauseus, cramps on one side of my abdomen and even more sleepyer. which doesn t make sense cause how could i be prego that quick? i did have light pink blood come out the past two days, but i m just thinking it was leftover blood? i know that you re supposed to have sex during ovulation , but i was just trying to understand why i am feeling the way i do? any help?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Let me summarize your situation: You are trying to get pregnant and have a history of irregular cycles. You have had some recent variation / heaviness to your cycles, but now are experiencing abnormal spotting, nausea, fatigue, and one-sided cramps.

Give the irregularity in your cycles, there is likely similar irregularity in terms of when you are ovulating. it would potentially be dangerous for you to assume that you are not pregnant. Some of the symptoms that you are describing might raise concern regarding the potential for an ectopic pregnancy. So here is what you need to do:

1. You need to perform a pregnancy test
2. If this test is negative, you need to call your doctor on Monday who should repeat the test and talk to you about your symptoms.
3. Discuss with your doctor concerns regarding your heavier cycles and breakthrough spotting - an exam and possibly ultrasound are indicated.

I hope you are satisfied with this answer. If you need more details, please choose the Premium Service. Good luck!