Cramp on left calf muscle. Used Lidocaine patch. Reason, what treatment should I take?

I awoke one evening about a year ago and couldn t get out of bed fast enough to stand on my left leg to stop the cramping in my calf . It happened a couple more times. Now I always have this feeling of a possible cramp in my calf. I vacumed the floor yesterday and was pushing extra hard on my left leg and today my calf hurts. I slept with a lidocaine patch on my leg last night and slept ok. The pain in my muscle is still hurting. What can it be from?? How to heal it? Thank you, S Moyer
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012