Cracking sound in right ear, throat feels like a dry piece of skin. Is this a eustachian tube problem ?

Hi I have a problem with my right ear - waiting to see ENT on 29/10 - but a few months ago both ears were blocked and my doctors said it was a eustachian tube problem - had nasal sprays - at the same time my throat felt like something was stuck inside( still does now) however,its just appears to be the right ear crackling inside very loud and over the last few days (3or 4) my neck glands are feeling like I have slept on my head ? My thoat feels like there is a dry piece of skin in there when I swallow - I am taking Prednisolone as prescribed by doc to try and clear out any blockage but not sure it is making a difference.. I am 43 years old male and 5 10 and generally healthy. I must add that the last 12 months have been very very stressful for me . I am very uncomfortable but have to wait until my appointment on 29th Oct. Can you offer me any advice or comfort ? Many thanks, AAAA
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012