Cracking of neck everytime on turning the head, urge to crack it frequently resulting in soreness and discomfort. Had taken treatment for back pain. What could be causing this?

I injured my back about 10 months ago and is was always tight and cracked allot. I began seeing a chiropractor and a P.T. Somewhere during this process my back started to get better but now my neck cracks every time I turn my head to the left or tilt it to the right. I have an uncontrollable desire to crack it all the time (multiple times a minute). This leaves my neck very sore by the end of the day and I am in continual discomfort. Then neck pain/cracking has been going on for about 3 1/2 weeks. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012