Cracking and popping shoulder when moving. Painful. Muscle strain?

I have always had a shoulder problem everytime I rotate my shoulder it would crack and pop. Anyways on sunday I lobbed a softball to my wife and heard a pop in my shoulder and my arm/shoulder feels dead I can t make a throwing motion with out it hurting it feels heavy and dead and the pain feels like when someone is grabbing a pressure point I cant afford to go get an MRI what do u think I did muscle strain tore something any ideas and also when I rotate my shoulder my shoulder don t make the cracking piping sound anymore very strange
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012