Crack sound in neck while waking up, hurts while leaning backwards. Took Ibuprofen, Advil. What to do ?

So, I woke up two mornings ago and when I woke up I crack my neck , like I usually do, but when I tilted it to the left to crack it, it made a weird noise and then it killed and I couldn t move it to the right or backwards. Now, today, two days later, my head is still crooked but not as bad as before and I could turn it more to the right, but it still hurts a lot especially to lean it backwards, most of all though is I can t tilt it to the right barely at all. I ve been taking ibuprofen and Advil . I also was putting on heat but someone told me it s not good to have heat on for more then 10 minutes because then it will constrict and that I should put ice on it. Do you have any suggestions for what I should do? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013