Couple with A Rh -ve blood group, had various injections during pregnancy. What precautions should be taken during second?

Pam is married to my son Ed. and they both have A Rh -ve blood They have one son already and Pam had various injections during the pregnancy and after Walter was born. He had some problems early on but is now a healthy 18 month old - - and Pam is pregnant again. Is this pregnancy likely to be worse than the Ist and will she require any other things to be done during the pregnancy or at the birth time ?? All info seems to relate to couples during the Ist pregnancy and not the second - and I am just an anxious Granny . Thank you - I look forward to your reply
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Hello and welcome,

I completely understand your issue and it is not anxiety but concern for your near ones and I appreciate it.

Regarding the query, if both parents are A rh negative, this must not cause any concern at all. If the father is Rh positive and mother is rh negative, then this leads to issues in babies that are rh positive. In your case since both have the same blood group, this is not causing the pregnancy problems.

It would be an immense help if you could clarify the injections that Pam received and what were the complications during pregnancy for me to help you provide more insight in the matter.

As of now, please remember that the blood groups are not causing any problems.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology