Could you advice me some effective exercise for pain in shoulder and neck ?

Pain in upper and mid part of left shoulder and neck I mainly work on computer, from the last many years i have pain in my upper and mid part of left shoulder and now i have on the same side in neck as well. Few months back i consulted Orthopedic and he suggested physiotherapy after seeing the x-ray. Physiotherapy relieved the pain but again over a period of time it has developed back. Physiotherapist advised me exercises of which few i am still doing. Mainly its stiffness in muscles, could you please advise me some effective exercises or message.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011