Could not pass kidney stones, urine trickling, no fever, mild cough, arteries blocked 60%. Danger for surgery?

My husband has 6 kidney stones & 1 bladder stone . One of his kidneys does not function at all, the other is 100%. He normally passes the kidney stones which have been as big as a large kidney bean or lima bean (the doctors were shocked he keeps passing stones so huge). Yesterday he felt something move. The same feeling he always feels, but this time nothing has come out and his urine is trickling out while he works it out. He s not naususated nor is he running any fever . He does have a mild annoying cough . I know he needs to go to doctor but was in the process of getting cleared incase surgery was needed. He has MD as well as two arteries blogged at 50-60%. We are scared he would not make it out of surgery. Is the cough something to be concerned about?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012