Could not eat or swallow. Why does it hurt when I yawn?

2weeks ago I couldn t talk or eat or swallow anything left side of my throat & I had a fever i went to thedoctors & they gave me antibiotics they took tests & it wasnt strep or mono but the next week I was better but I still felt a little of the soreness in my throat & yesterday it got worse on my left side it hurts a little when I yawn or open my mouth wide & makes the left side of my throat hurt please help. I really don t know what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Feb 2016
Hi . many times the ENT infection takes week of continuous treatment to get a cure. The pain which you developed later can be due to the infected lymph nodes. You need to continue treatment till you get cured.. May be about 3 weeks and stop anything like smoking and food / beverages which increase this problem .