Could my girlfriend be pregnant on the pill?

my girlfriend and I had unprotected sex, however i did not come close to the point of ejaculation. My girlfriend is on birth control , but claims that her period is late. should we be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Feb 2010
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
IF REULAR PILLS STARTING FROM IST DAY TILL 21ST DAY OR 28 DAYS THEN CHANCES OF PREGNANCY IS REMOTE ,PERIOD DELAY MAY BE BECAUSE OF PILL IF NO MENS FOR 40 DAYS AFTER FIRST MENS GET PREGNANCY CARD TEST DONE.DR.RANJU
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. There are chances of pregnancy.. However  there are more chances that it can be the one of the side effects of the birth control pills that is causing the delay.. But if she develops any other symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, vomiting, enlargement of breast with or without soreness, food cravings, mood alteration or any other symptoms, then you have to take pregnancy as a strong possibilty.. And if you wish that you do not intend to wait for such a long, you may take the test for pregnancy.. Bear in mind that birth control test can alter the findings of pregnancy test...