Could it be Crohns or ulcerative colitis ?

12 wks preg,23 yrs old, 4th child, colitis?crohns? extremely painful, very distraught

Dear Dr, I am almost 12 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I'm 23 years old. I
have never had a problem with this situation to where its been this severe
before.  I've went to the ER a few times for it recently but still cant get in
to see my OB and the ER wont do anything because I'm pregnant and said I need to
see a GI specialist which my OB can refer me to... if I could get in to see him.
 I have not been able to pass ANY stool for at least a week. My stomach still
get hungry but I feel extremely sick and weak.  And I'm having pain in the
bottom of my stomach and lower back as well as pressure on my lower tail bone.
the only thing I can pass is mucus with blood in it and something that looks
like pieces of skin or puss. I do have some fissures but this is causing me
EXTREME pain and it feels like my intestinal track just won't work anymore
either. I have tried what they told me, laxatives, stool softeners, but it
doesnt work at all and just causes more pain. If you could, please give me some
idea of what this may be?  could it be Crohn's or ulcerative colitis? I've read
about them but don't know much about them and need some idea of whats going on
and how to fix it. I'm afraid the baby may not be gettting nutrients and I can't
eat much longer because it is going no where, maybe my colon? I know it's not in
the bottom of my digestive track but i can feel a sense of fullness just not in
my stomach. It doesn't feel like just constipation but is so VERY painful. I've almost passed out from the pain.

Asked On : Thu, 25 Feb 2010