Could erosive esophagitis be responsible for the feeling in my throat ?

Hi, 6 weeks ago I ve been diagnosed with erosive esophagitis and erosive gastroduodenitis and have been put on 40mg of Nexium ever since. I ve only experienced heartburn very rarely and my other symptoms include gagging and stomach contents fluxing back up. Not only that these symptoms haven t disappeared, I ve also started to feel tightness, like muscle spasms, around my throat and my neck (like my throat is obstructed), difficulty breathing and sometimes, when swallowing, feel either a small lump in the throat or some food being stuck onto it. Various tests have been carried out (including heart, kidneys etc.) and they all came back good, so I m just wondering could erosive esophagitis be responsible for the feeling in my throat or is it a different medical condition? Also, how long does it take for Nexium to kick in and a condition like this one to heal? I surely hoped that by following the recommendations (proper diet, avoid spicy foods, caffeine, etc) and taking the medications, the problem would start to improve after a month?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011