Coughing yellowish mucus with flecks of blood. Took flexeril, ibuprofen for pulled muscle, bronchitis history. Cold or infection?

I'm coughing up thick yellowish/green mucus. Sometimes it has flecks of blood. And I have this weird burnt plastic taste after coughing. I recently pulled a muscle and was given flexeril and ibuprofen because my right side was seizing up. I have a history of bronchitis, but it doesn't feel like that, because I'm coughing in fits, but not excessively. Is this just a cold or could it be an infection?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013