Coughing up with some white substances, what is this ?

Hi I am coughing up like this whit plaque like substance I can look in the back of my mouth and see it sitting in like a pocket. What is this? once it comes out its soft and smells like plaque.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
its most probably tonsilolith. it is of no problem until it produces any symptoms. you can better visit an ent specialist who can irrigate out the tonsiloliths. take care
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Could be phlegm , or plaque/ tonsilolith produced by bacteria in the mouth, these get caught within the tonsils and may be dislodged later. Nothing to worry about. But they indicated bad hygiene. So frequent rising of mouth, gargles twice a day should be done, in addition to an examination by ENT doctor.