Coughing up phlegm, nasal blockage, white tongue, awful taste in mouth. Causes and treatment?

I just got back to XXX from XXXX so was thinking climate change had something to do with this, but I ve been coughing up phlegm a lot, my nose is really stuffy, and my tongue is WHITE WHITE WHITE. I ve used a tongue scraper and it clearly is actually part of my tongue, and I wake up throughout the night with the worst taste in my mouth.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
sinuses infection
possibly sinus infection is causing this
post nasal drip of mucus can cause white tongue
using metronidazole course can clear infection
adding antiallergic like fexofenadine can reduce nasal congestion
reduce mucus formation thus reducing post nasal drip
application of neomycin in nose and saline nasal drop will clear your nasal congestion
application oftriamsolone mouth paint and antacid gel will clear your tongue and metallic taste