Coughing, throat tickling, brownish phlegm, get scabs on holding it back post tonsillectomy. Help?

Hi i had tonsilectomy on Friday. I am eating and dealing with the pain quite well. Only problem i have is coughing. Its like a tickley throat , when i cough i can fell the mucous coming up half way but goes back down. On saturday i got this up it was green/brown in colour but i cant seem to get it up now. Its like flem in the back of my throat. My ENT surgeon said to cough it up but i am too afraid because it is like a balloon in my throat, and im afraid its the scabs holding it back and i dont want to rip them. what do i do can you help me please this is torture :(
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013