Coughing, taken Mucinex, x-ray normal, lightheadedness, difficulty breathing. Have asthma and COPD

I have been quite sick for over three weeks. It mainly has to do with my lungs. My GP had me take a chest x-ray which turned out okay. I have been coughing constantly. I have not slept much for the last 2 weeks due to my coughing. My husband bought me some Mucinex DM which helped get the some of the mucus out. I have much more which is not coming up. My coughs are starting to frighten me now because as soon as I start to cough I get so lightheaded that I start to black out. I have an awful time breathing, a very awfully hard time. I had my husband go to our storage for my breathing mechanism which when turned on gives me air or oxygen . When I m not using that I am suffocating (for lack of a better term). I do have a few health issues which you need to know they are Asthma , and COPD . Not sure what to do from here. Please give your opinion. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012