Coughing, sneezing, ear popping when blowing nose, congested sinus. How do I take care of the pain?

Ive had a virus for the past few weeks, and my sinuses and lungs have been very congested. Been on mucinex the past week and feel like its working...couging and sneezing out dark brown yuck every day! I went to blow my nose this morning and my ear popped really hard and I immediately felt pain. I took ibuprofen immediately and I felt a dull pain all day. But now that its wearing off the pain is VERY intense, radiating in my jaw, neck , and head. I cant yawn, burp, or blow my nose without extreme pain! What did I do and how can I take care of it??
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012