Coughing, severe headache, back ache and sweating. Bronchitis? What is wrong?

I'm a female, 34 years old, 54Kg weight and 1.62 height. I had been coughing for more than two months now. I've been taking a coughing syrup, it helped a bit for while but the cough didn't go away completely. It's worse during the night and whenever I made fast activities. Last week, a doctor prescribed Lagap Doxylag 100mg and Almetamin and I'm taking it now for three days. I think it's helping me. Apart from coughing, I had severe headache, backache, sweating in the night. What is my problem? Are these symptoms for bronchitis? The doctor said I have an allergy in general. My kids(8, 4 & 1yrs old) also cough a lot and I have to visit doctor in a average once in a month for them. I'm tired of seeing them always being sick and felt helpless. THe Pediatirician has also said they are an allergic to cold weather. They have been wearing warm clothes most of the time since their childhood because of this and as soon as they play around with only one t-shirt when it's chilly, then the cold and cough will come back right away. Can you help me in knowing what exactly our problem is and how I can prevent it? Is it hereditary? I'm worried that if it's an allergy that there is no cure for it.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013