Coughing mucus, difficulty swallowing. Smoked cigarette and marijuana. What should I do?

im a former cigarette and marijuana smoker I smoked cigarettes for 2 years and marijuana for 7 years..I stopped because one day I couldnt swallow I assume I did some major damage to my throat because now on a daily basis I am hacking up mucus 24/7...somedays I give in and smoke marijuana with friends..when I do this the mucus becomes so bad I cant even sleep because I will choke on it..Ive literally fell asleep before and woke up choking and had to run and get water..I can not afford to see a doctor but I know something is severely wrong..what should I do besides not smoking? can this be undone?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012