Coughing, gasping for air, chest x-ray and blood test clear. Vomiting, sore throat, congested sinus. What can I do?

i started coughing about 8 weeks ago, after each bout of coughing i felt as if my throat had locked up and i would gasp for air, this made me go to ER where i had a chest x ray and blood tests which came back clear, the cough went away after about 5 weeks and then for 3 weeks i was healthy again, but a few days ago i caught a cold , the cough has been aggravated and came back and now its such a violent cough that it makes me vomit , ive vomited about 5 times in the past 2 hours my sinuses are congested and my nose is runny, my throat is also sore, i have no asthma i catch colds and flu s very often, there has not been a year since the age of 14 that i havent had an illness every year from the age of 14-16 i would have cold or flu s like 5-7 times a year, and then from 16 onwards till today i catch a cold every month or every month and a half what can i do to releive myself of this infernal cough and cold and boost my weak immune system ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012